In Canada, another so-called bomb train laden with crude oil has derailed in northern Ontario, marking at least the fourth fiery derailment in North America in three weeks. The train laden with oil from Alberta caused a massive fire and a shroud of black smoke. Five cars went into the Makami River. Meanwhile, fires were still burning in Illinois after a train carrying oil from North Dakota derailed Thursday. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency warns the spill threatens the Mississippi River.
WE’RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT!
- FERC Approved NEXUS Pipeline After Companies Behind Project Lobbied for New Commissioners
- Massive Pennsylvania gas leak proves industry requires more oversight
- Nexus pipeline construction cleared, court fight remains
- NEXUS land fight in federal court
- FAQs about Nexus
- Ontario is about to become a natural gas battleground
- NEXUS Pipeline Seeks to Begin Construction Oct. 10
- Green files federal court and EPA appeals in attempt to stop Nexus pipeline
- Pipeline project from Columbiana to Michigan gets water permit
- Art of the Self-Deal: How Regulatory Failure Lets Gas Pipeline Companies Fabricate Need and Fleece Ratepayers