I write as counsel for Mr. and Mrs. Steven Jansto (Ms. Leatra Harper) who are property owners at 16555 Heron Rd., Senecaville, OH 43780 and the grassroots citizen organization, Southeast Ohio Alliance to Save Our Water, which is comprised of the Janstos’ fellow property owners within the Muskingum Watershed Conservancy District. On behalf of the Janstos and SOASOW, we respectfully demand that the Board decline to approve the gross sales of millions of gallons of water to oil and gas drilling firms which are proposed for vote on the monthly meeting agenda for April 19, 2013. Further, we respectfully ask that the Conservancy Court, which has been placed in an essential oversight role, please initiate an immediate investigation of Staff and Board practices which violate Ohio Administrative Procedure Act requirements by unilaterally foisting a secretive water sales policy upon precious public resources. This comprises a special subsidy to a single industry and destroys public water resources permanently. Secret decisions based on secret evidence are anathema to Ohio’s courts and should not be tolerated by the Conservancy Court. Not only will the water be taken and destroyed for singular profit by the MWCD and afford a singular benefit to the temporary unconventional shale drilling industry, it will remove water permanently from use for other, permanent industries in the district, including agriculture and recreation, and as well from public drinking water use. The use of water for fracking will further create a toxic and radioactive waste disposal problem for all of Ohio.
WE’RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT!
- Pipeline project from Columbiana to Michigan gets water permit
- Art of the Self-Deal: How Regulatory Failure Lets Gas Pipeline Companies Fabricate Need and Fleece Ratepayers
- FERC overrules New York regulators to allow construction of natural gas pipeline
- NATURAL GAS: Burgeoning legal movement pits landowners against pipelines
- Pipelines & Eminent Domain: Why Won’t Virginia Conservatives Stand Up to Dominion?
- Citing climate impacts, New York state blocks yet another natural gas pipeline
- FERC approves partial use of Rover Pipeline
- WV DEP vacates permit for Mountain Valley Pipeline
- NEXUS pipeline: Construction plan is next step
- Fight will continue to reroute NEXUS gas pipeline