To Intervene, you must first Register with FERC.
To intervene, you can either submit a document as an e-Filing or use FERC’s “(doc-less) Motion to Intervene”
Any individual, organization, business, or municipality can intervene. You will be asked to fill in reasons why you or your organization is a stakeholder in this matter. We suggest to already have your comments typed, then just copy and paste the comments into the comment box. In order to have “standing”, you must be affected by the proposed pipeline.
NOTE: You will not be able to intervene until formal filing.
1. Go to FERC’s website — www.ferc.gov
2. From the menu, click Documents & Filing, then on the drop-down menu click eFiling.
3. Click the Log In button and enter your registered email address or FERC ID and your password.
4. After you log in, click the eFiling link.
5. Under Filing Type select General in the first column.
6. Choices will then appear in the second column. Choose Intervention.
7. Choices will appear in the third column. Choose (doc-less) Motion to Intervene or choose Motion to Intervene if you want to submit a file.
8. Click the Next button.
9. Enter the NEXUS Gas Transmission Project Docket Number: #CP16-22-000
10. Click on the Search button. You may have to wait a few seconds for a response.
11. When the information appears – for example: CP16-22-000 NEXUS Gas Transmission . . .
Click on the Blue Cross in the far right column under the heading labelled Select
It will then appear in Selected Dockets.
12. Click the Next button.
13. You are now prompted for a Document-less Intervention Description. Fill in reasons why you or your organization is a stakeholder in this matter.
14. Click the Next button.
15. Specify whether you are filing as an Individual, or on behalf of another party.
16. Click the Next button.
17. Specify who should get email notices. Add yourself as a Signer.
18. Click the Next button.
19. A draft Submission Description appears.
20. Click the Next button to accept, or make necessary changes.